22 Dec All About The Blackstrap Molasses Morsels
Tis the season of many many cookies. Raise you're hand if you're a snickerdoodle fan? Frosted sugar? How about good ol' chocolate chip? We're fans of them all! But this year, we're crushing on Gluten-Free Blackstrap Molasses Morsels!
Blackstrap Molasses might sound like gibberish to you, if you've never worked with it before. But don't be shy! Try something new with us this year and get your hands dirty! Molasses is worth it! Blackstrap Molasses contains the highest vitamin and mineral content of all types of Molasses -- you're getting your fill of iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, vitamin B-6 and niacin with this sweet ingredient! It's also a great alternative sweetener -- as you'll see when you whip up these delicious morsels!
Gluten-Free Blackstrap Molasses Morsels
- 2 1/3 C gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C dark Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/3 C rolling sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine spices and wet ingredients: molasses, egg, brown sugar, and butter.
Beat, adding dry ingredients until they're incorporated. Roll dough into small balls then roll balls in course rolling sugar.
Bake morsels for 10-15 min or until cooked through.