06 Feb Wanna Make Cauliflower Steak?
Steak. It's what's for dinner. Say WHAT!? Get familiar with how we sneak around the guilt of steak by swapping in our super-cruciferous friend, the CAULIFLOWER blossom!!
What You Need:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Feta Cheese
- 10 Mini Heirloom Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Capers for an extra punch
This recipe serves 4 hungry people!
- Remove leaves and trim stem end of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Place cauliflower core side down on a work surface. Using a large knife, slice cauliflower into four 1/2" "steaks" from center of cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook cauliflower steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a large rimmed baking sheet. Reserve skillet. Roast cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat and add minced garlic clove, 1 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, olives and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are browned and tender, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer garlic, Olive and Tomato mixture oil to cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper, parsley and Feta Cheese.
The nutrition facts (One serving contains - Per Serving):
- Calories 175
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Carbohydrates (g) 14
- Dietary Fiber (g) 5
- Total Sugars (g) 3
- Net Carbs (g) 6
- Protein (g) 4.6
- Sodium (mg) 240
And, here are some good-to-know facts about cauliflower, courtesy of our friends at Health Diaries.
Enjoy your "steak," Pound Posse!
K and C