‘Tis the season of BBQ’s, potlucks and parties — it’s Summer! But unfortunately, most of our favorite Summer party dishes don’t quite match up with the delightfully skimpy styles of the season.We’re tweakin’ your summer sides to make them healthier and just as yummy!
Potato salad + coleslaw + potato salad + bikini = tummy ache in a full length moo-moo. Show some skin, fill your belly, and burn that moo-moo… it’s time to spice up your Summer with a set of TWO amazing party-pleasin’ SIDES! You can find our first recipe in the video and description below and our second comin’ at cha NEXT WEEK!
Today, we’ve TWEAKED your generic, run-of-the-mill pasta-salad side dish to be healthy, hearty and delicious, but most of all, easy to make and even easier to share with your friends! Inspired by our favorite seasonal Farmer’s Market produce and our obsession with yummy, filling food, this Summer Side will impress you and your friends — but most of all, your tastebuds!
Let’s get started with our perfect alternative to mayo-laden pasta salad – our Zesty Zasta made of Farmer’s Market Summer Squash! Pasta made from zucchini, or as the POUND team calls it, “zasta,” is bikini-friendly and packed with antioxidants, nutrients and metabolism-boosting herbs and spices!
Zesty Zasta Salad
- 1 Lb Mixed Summer Squash & Zucchini
- ¼ C Greek Yogurt
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 t red wine vinegar
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 T chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 T raw pine nuts
- 1 T shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 Anchovy
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to make long ribbons. Place the “noodles” in a colander, sprinkle with Salt, toss gently and let sit for 15 minutes. Carefully squeeze the squash over the colander. Pat with a clean, paper towel to dry.
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, wine vinegar, pine nuts, parmesan, basil, parsley, tarragon and anchovy in food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl combine noodles with ¾’s of the dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with basil leaves.
This recipe serves four people, so if you’re bringing it to a BBQ or potluck, we suggest doubling up the ingredients!
Stay tuned for ANOTHER Tweaked Summer Side NEXT WEEK that will inspire you to break out those crop tops, once-and-for-all and ditch your sarongs/moo-moos/one-pieces for good!
With a side of LOVE,
The POUND Girls