09 Dec Free Falling Farro Bowl
Fit Tip: Add a healthful whole grain like Farro to your next meal! Farro gives you a fiber fix, helps keep you energized and boosts the immune system.
Free Falling FARRO BOWL
- 1.5 C Farro, cooked
- ⅓ C Red Onion, thinly sliced (let’s add description here)
- 2 Large Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 C Tuscan Kale, trimmed and massaged lightly
- ⅓ C Feta Cheese
- 1 T White Wine Vinegar
- ½ t crushed red peppers
- juice of one small lemon
- S + P
- 2 X Poached Eggs
- In a small mixing bowl combine vinegar, crushed red peppers and lemon juice, set aside.
- Cook 1.5 Cup Farro. Once cooked, fluffed and drained, set aside.
- Add a small amount of oil (of your choice) to a saucepan on medium heat. Add Kale, radish and onion to the pan.
- Saute for 2 - 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add cooked Farro and vinegar mixture. Stir until warm.
- Add cheese last, mix quickly and take off of heat.
- Plate and top with poached egg
How to poach an egg: Crack egg into a ramekin or cup (to separate). Fill a pot with at least 4 inches of water, add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of white vinegar. Bring to a rolling boil. Using a spatula, spin clockwise to create a tornado in the pot. Quickly drop in each egg. Cover immediately, turn off heat. DO NOT TOUCH or move for 3 minutes. After 2 minutes, remove each egg with a slotted spoon.