FACT: 1.3 million US elementary school students do not receive any musical instruction in school. Public schools are having a funding crisis and music programs are among the first to be eliminated.
Join us this month for a community-wide MOVEment to raise money for music education in underserved public schools across the country. We’ve partnered with Little Kids Rock and Crowdrise to create a fundraising platform and challenge to raise funds to give music education back to our youth. We’ll be challenging you to move to music everyday — whether that’s POUNDing, playing air guitar, or dancing with your significant other — to drum up dollars for this awesome cause.
If music moves you the way it moves us, join us in helping our friends at Little Kids Rock. Our goal is to raise $20,000 in the month of November to provide instruments and instruction for over 800 students across the US.
How to Create Your Team:
- Set Up: Head over to Crowdrise.com/MOVEFORMUSIC and click “SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISER”. To create your own team, click “Start Your Own Fundraiser”. To join an existing team, click “Join A Team”.
- Personalize it: Give your team a Name, set your team’s personal fundraising goal, and share a blurb about why you’re committing to MOVE FOR MUSIC this POUNDgiving.
- Decorate it: Add any pictures or videos to your page! Make sure your team is recognizable to your friends and family.
- Invite friends: Rally everyone you know to join your team! Invite your POUND Posse, your family and friends, your co-workers, even your barista! 😉
- Tell them to go to crowdrise.com/MOVEFORMUSIC
- Click Set Up Your Fundraiser
- Click Join A Team, then select yours! Easy!
We put together a BUNCH of fundraising ideas for our POUND Venues, POUND Pros, and POUND Posse! Everything we do this month will be in support of MOVE FOR MUSIC and we’re even throwing a couple special events specifically for the campaign. When you create or join a team, you’ll get an email with a full list of ideas — or you can download it here!
Throughout the month of November, we’ll be giving you guys challenges to combine music, movement, and fundraising. We want to see how you MOVE FOR MUSIC! Make sure to keep up with us on Instagram and Facebook for fun commands through the month. Best check ins and top fundraisers will get prizes throughout the month! Yep, we said it, SWAG.
Most importantly, the WHY.
We took a close look at our lives and just how much we rely on music — physically and emotionally, both with POUND and in our personal lives. Music MOVES us. We can’t imagine our world without music and we fear that the elimination of music programs will take away from children the greatest gift we have — our intimate relationship with music.
We urge you to truly get behind this cause and rally your friends and family to support YOU and your reason for MOVING FOR MUSIC. Share as much as you can and don’t be afraid to ask and ask again. As a community, we have more power than we realize. Every donation counts.
MOVE FOR MUSIC officially begins on November 1, 2015.
Don’t wait! Register NOW on Crowdrise and start recruiting members to your team! You can start fundraising immediately!
With love, music and movement,
Kirsten and Cristina