08 Jun Not Sure What To Cook? Here’s Our Recipe Grab Bag
It's Thursday - which means we're throwing it back! #tbt to all of our favorite recipes!! Not sure what to cook? Here's a round up of some of our tried and true.
1. Can't go wrong when you start your day with Avocado Toast:
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- S&P to taste (less than 1/4 t)
- 2 slices of gluten-free or whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 egg, fried over easy
- 1 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly onto toasted bread.
- Layer egg on top of avocado mixture and sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
Now whip this baby up and don't forget to show us your brunch!
2. From routine fatigue to a hangover - cure everything with our "Cure All" Smoothies:
Get an energy boost with our "Gotta Lotta Energy" smoothie! Get all four recipes here!
- 1 t coconut oil
- 1/2 C almond milk
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1 T almond butter
Blend and enjoy!
3. Fill your sandwich to the BRIM (and get a tasty aioli recipe) with our Green Submarine!
- 2 slices of sourdough wheat bread (toasted)
- 1T Green Goodness aioli
- 1 persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small, ripe avocado, sliced
- handful of butter lettuce
- handful of sprouts
- a few slices of pickled onion
4. The best homemade stuffed peppers you ever did eat.
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
- 3 C cooked quinoa
- 1 C corn kernels
- 1/2 C black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C diced tomatoes
- 1/4 C onion, diced
- 3 T fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 t garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1/4 C pepper jack cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your bell peppers in half from top to bottom. Clean out all the seeds and lightly scoop out insides to create a bowl shape.
- Prep your filling ingredients (top 7): Cook the quinoa and cut up all the vegetables into small pieces. Mix filling together in a bowl and incorporate well.
- Fill each pepper with filling mixture, packing in as you go.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper (YUM!)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
5. Never bring a boring office lunch ever again: Mason Jar Salads that ROCK.
SCRUMPTIOUS SALMON SALAD:
- a few handfuls of arugula
- 2 - 3 stalks asparagus, blanched and chopped
- 3 baby potatoes, boiled and sliced
- salmon fillet, pan-fried
Dressing: Blend the following ingredients until smooth.
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T dijon mustard
- squeeze half of a lemon
- S + P to taste
Get TWO MORE mason jar salad recipes here!
BONUS: Because there's always room for Chocolate. You're welcome 🙂
- 1 C pomegranate seeds
- 9 ox bittersweet dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 T sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper
- Melt your chocolate -- either double boil it (boil water in a saucepan and melt the chocolate in a separate bowl above it) or throw it in the microwave for 30 second increments until melty!
- Scrape chocolate mixture evenly onto the baking sheet and create a rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and seat salt
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes