13 Aug Tuesday Tweak: Key Lime Parfait
Pie. We sure could use some more of it in our lives, right? Well, get ready to get lucky-- we've whipped up a sneaky way to make it a-okay to eat pie every single day! Truth be told, the POUND version of pie puts the real deal to sugary, buttery shame. (Gasp!)
Get ready to bask in the glory of no-bake Key Lime Pie that will make you swoon over its devilishly good taste, high nutrient and protein content and low sugar stats.
And even better news: we TWEAKED each pie ingredient to boost your metabolism, fight bacteria, curb hunger and of course, pamper your taste buds. Who said you can't have your pie and eat it too? 😉
The simple, wholesome ingredients:
- 1 Cup Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 2 limes1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine yogurt, vanilla extract, agave nectar and lime juice in a bowl.
- Stir until mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Place almond meal, coconut flakes, vanilla extract, agave and sea salt in a bowl.
- Stir ingredients until small clumps form and mixture is evenly mixed.
Putting it all together:
- Begin by placing a layer of crust in the bottom of the cup.
- Next, pour on a layer of key lime filling.
- Finally, add a thin layer of sliced bananas. Repeat layering process until your cup is 3/4 the way full.
Thanks to our Key Lime pie, dessert now doubles as breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack. We have experimented with all the possibilities and approve of them all (unless it's a pie eating contest. That we have NOT tried...yet). Once you whip up your pie parfait, snap some cute pics, tag #tuesdaytweak on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and let us know what you think! Have fun, POUND Posse!
Peace, Love and Pie,
The POUND Girls