POUND is the world’s first cardio jam session inspired by the infectious, sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums. Based in Los Angeles, CA, we have a network of over 20,000 instructors teaching classes across 94 countries.
We aspire to change minds before bodies and use beat to launch people to new heights of self-worth, happiness and human connection.We turn workouts into Jam Sessions and balance into a lifestyle. We’re not afraid to turn up the volume -in class, as humans, or in life.
We pride ourselves in being an extremely fun and dynamic work environment with competitive benefits, regular fitness classes and group activities, openness, respect and above all else, heart. Come MAKE NOISE with us!
VP OF SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
POUND is seeking a VP of Sales & Business Development to join our executive team and lead our growing sales team.
Reporting directly to the Founder & CEO, this role will be involved in strategic planning and decision-making at the executive level.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for building and driving a world-class sales team, exceed annual revenue targets, and executing high-impact initiatives to beat company goals.
They will be a seasoned rockstar executive with a hands-on approach who has successfully led growing and evolving organizations by establishing a repeatable and scalable sales process that effectively drives profitable revenue growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive revenue and impact the bottom line by growing the company’s base of users/customers and increasing customer adoption, revenue, and profitability.
- Lead and manage a high performing team and drive the vision for team growth, providing leadership, inspiration, and coaching to all teammates
- Oversee new business development efforts, drive strategic plans for customer acquisition, and assist team in securing/closing new enterprise accounts
- Create the building blocks of a repeatable and scalable sales process
- Generate key metrics that give data-driven insight into sales
- Optimize, manage, and continuously monitor all sales processes for effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage and optimize CRM for pipeline management, sales stages, and sales cycle
- Oversee enterprise account management process with the goal of expanding within existing locations and growing POUND’s footprint in key markets
- Partner with the marketing team to create strategic plans and messaging to drive leads and customer acquisition at the micro and macro level
- Work with company executive team on strategy, hiring, targets, etc.
- Identify opportunities to grow our business and serve our customers
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of sales leadership experience, as head of sales and/or business development at a rapidly growing brand with a focus on scaling and responsible for annual revenue of at least $10M
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully motivate and challenge a team of talented and creative people at all levels of the organization
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics that translate to strategy
- Deep knowledge of CRM platforms (HubSpot)
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Industry knowledge a plus