POUND is the world’s first cardio jam session inspired by the infectious, sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums. Based in Los Angeles, CA, we have a network of over 20,000 instructors teaching classes across 94 countries.
We aspire to change minds before bodies and use beat to launch people to new heights of self-worth, happiness and human connection.We turn workouts into Jam Sessions and balance into a lifestyle. We’re not afraid to turn up the volume -in class, as humans, or in life.
We pride ourselves in being an extremely fun and dynamic work environment with competitive benefits, regular fitness classes and group activities, openness, respect and above all else, heart. Come MAKE NOISE with us!
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
POUND is seeking a Director of Operations with the proven ability to improve processes, create procedure, and implement changes in operations that optimize productivity and bottom-line results.
As the Director of Operations you’ll work closely with our executive team to strategize and develop long-term plans that create new levels of efficiency to help our business grow and scale, from inventory management to international distribution, logistics, processes and procedures, systems, customer service, and budget management.
You will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the most effective strategies for company growth, analyzing and maintaining customer satisfaction, ensuring follow-through on critical company projects and creating synergy across business lines.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with executive management in the development of performance goals, long-term operational plans and associated budget
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through process analysis and cross-departmental collaboration
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Oversee customer service, creating processes and procedures to ensure that customer issues are tracked across all communication platforms and resolved in a timely manner and is done so with a smile
- Responsible for inventory management, establishing cost controls for shipping and optimizing international distribution
- Oversee all IT systems and directly manage third party outsourced web development team to troubleshoot and resolve critical issues and project manage the ongoing development of website functionality and features.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in operations
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional successes
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
Regional Manager/ Business Development
As a Regional Manager, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the business development strategy and overall sales performance for your assigned region(s). You will play a leading role in expanding the footprint of the POUND program in your region(s) by increasing the number of fitness facilities that offer the POUND program. In addition, you will work to nurture relationships with existing partners to find and create new opportunities.
You are an enthusiastic salesperson with an ability to connect and build relationships with team members, prospective clients, and new accounts (gym partners). You have an ability to prospect consistently on the phone, in person and at company trade events. Knowledge of the fitness industry, specifically group fitness, is preferred but not required for someone with a history of sales success who can learn and retain new knowledge quickly. Our ideal candidate is high energy, adept at selling value and experience, is well spoken, and can command a room’s attention. You’ll consider your region(s) as your personal business and be accustomed to tracking your sales behavior and metrics as a source of effectiveness and improvement – you also understand and accept training and coaching as a source of constant growth.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Execute sales strategy and manage the sales process for assigned region(s) to meet and exceed monthly goals
- Develop plans to drive training registration and expand program footprint in assigned region(s) through direct sales tactics, cold calling, business-to-business outreach efforts, and fielding incoming emails/calls from prospective instructors and gym partners
- Identify and pursue partnership opportunities for multi-location facilities and key accounts in assigned region(s)
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with existing licensed instructors, brand ambassadors and gym contacts in assigned region(s) , and onboard/welcome new gym partners to help facilitate program launch
- Work directly with marketing to create tactical plans to expand in key markets
- Participate in regional industry conventions, shows, and events to market the program and generate leads, as well as organize and execute master classes as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience of meeting or exceeding targets in an outbound sales role
- Confident self-starter with the ability to establish and build effective business relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, including the confidence and tact to gain credibility and represent self and POUND well when interacting with others
- Knowledge of HubSpot CRM
- Sales experience within the fitness industry, a plus
The content coordinator will act as staff copywriter, translate stories from our online communities, carry over brand messaging and creative concepts through blogs and social campaigns, and coordinate all social media posting while tracking and growing engagement and other key metrics!
Grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. Know and understand best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. Create and elevate copy across all campaigns and channels.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and potentially additional channels.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links, working closely with brand manager and the marketing editorial calendar at large.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Produce and post content – through Hubspot and direct channels – for social media platforms with the goal of maximizing engagement and growing audiences
- Constantly brainstorm new viral content ideas that are aligned with the marketing promotion calendar as well as all current media trends
- Social Media Reporting: track follower growth engagement, and revenue driven from social channels. Use data to produce quality and on-brand content based on findings.
- When needed, provide marketing team with event support, fielding customer engagement and measuring reach within a 24 hour period
- Actively collect (and request permission to use) customer testimonials and inspirational stories to be used for public relations, while also keeping a running list of influencers (bloggers, vloggers etc.) that would be a good brand fit
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends + partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures; proactively create a better experience.
- Stay on top of local events and culturally relevant moments where new audiences can be engaged via social.
Write copy for social media, blogs, email marketing, ads, website briefs, campaign creation and more!
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in social media , editorial, and/or content development
- 1+ years of social media management for a lifestyle brand
- Passionate about fitness and fashion with an eye for lifestyle branding
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Experience reporting on results to larger teams
- Understanding of different content analytics tools and social analytics tools
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication abilities
- Always-on mentality, being available for live social support
- Thrives in collaborating with others inside and outside the company