POUND is the world’s first cardio jam session inspired by the infectious, sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums. Based in Los Angeles, CA, we have a network of over 17,000 instructors teaching classes across 70 countries.
We aspire to change minds before bodies and use beat to launch people to new heights of self-worth, happiness and human connection.We turn workouts into Jam Sessions and balance into a lifestyle. We’re not afraid to turn up the volume -in class, as humans, or in life.
We pride ourselves in being an extremely fun and dynamic work environment with competitive benefits, regular fitness classes and group activities, openness, respect and above all else, heart. Come MAKE NOISE with us!
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
POUND is seeking a Director of Operations with the proven ability to improve processes, create procedure, and implement changes in operations that optimize productivity and bottom-line results.
As the Director of Operations you’ll work closely with our executive team to strategize and develop long-term plans that create new levels of efficiency to help our business grow and scale, from inventory management to international distribution, logistics, processes and procedures, systems, customer service, and budget management.
You will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the most effective strategies for company growth, analyzing and maintaining customer satisfaction, ensuring follow-through on critical company projects and creating synergy across business lines.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with executive management in the development of performance goals, long-term operational plans and associated budgets
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through process analysis and cross-departmental collaboration
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Oversee customer service, creating processes and procedures to ensure that customer issues are tracked across all communication platforms and resolved in a timely manner and is done so with a smile
- Responsible for inventory management, establishing cost controls for shipping and optimizing international distribution
- Oversee all IT systems and directly manage third party outsourced web development team to troubleshoot and resolve critical issues and project manage the ongoing development of website functionality and features.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in operations
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional successes
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
We are looking for an eager, passionate individual to join our team as our full-time office manager and marketing assistant.
You will be responsible for managing the daily office operations, helping to facilitate a fun, efficient, and highly productive work environment, while helping cultivating our unique company culture and grow the POUND brand.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is eager to learn all things marketing – from PR, branding and events to social media and digital marketing – is a rockstar project manager, loves organization, is social media savvy, is creative and thoughtful when interacting with others and is passionate about building relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee and support all administrative responsibilities to ensure smooth operations in our fast paced office
- Report and work to fix/resolve all equipment and facility issues, repairs or inquiries
- Organize and schedule offices meetings, appointments, and manage company calendars and conference room booking process.
- Accept and deliver all mail, packages and food deliveries.
- Foster our company culture through planning and executing incredible internal and external events such as weekly workouts, company celebrations, company retreats, special events, office-wide meetings, and other special projects
- Manage ordering, inventory and budget for office supplies
- Organize and assist with new team member onboarding orientation
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Collaborate with the team on marketing initiatives, including content calendars
- Assist in e-commerce and merchandise needs
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from digital and social marketing campaigns
- Assist in creating social & digital content for blog posts, email communications and social channels
- Assist on photoshoots, events and marketing activations (both live and online)
- Monitor social channels to identify content trends and engage with the pulse of the POUND community
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (or on track to graduate in 2019)
- A magnetic personality, sense of humor, and get-it-done attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Knowledge of all social media platforms
- You’re a self-starter and a problem solver
- You’re a creative out-of-the-box thinker