POUND is the world’s first cardio jam session inspired by the infectious, sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums. Based in Los Angeles, CA, we have a network of over 17,000 instructors teaching classes across 70 countries.
We aspire to change minds before bodies and use beat to launch people to new heights of self-worth, happiness and human connection.We turn workouts into Jam Sessions and balance into a lifestyle. We’re not afraid to turn up the volume -in class, as humans, or in life.
We pride ourselves in being an extremely fun and dynamic work environment with competitive benefits, regular fitness classes and group activities, openness, respect and above all else, heart. Come MAKE NOISE with us!
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
POUND is seeking a Director of Operations with the proven ability to improve processes, create procedure, and implement changes in operations that optimize productivity and bottom-line results.
As the Director of Operations you’ll work closely with our executive team to strategize and develop long-term plans that create new levels of efficiency to help our business grow and scale, from inventory management to international distribution, logistics, processes and procedures, systems, customer service, and budget management.
You will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the most effective strategies for company growth, analyzing and maintaining customer satisfaction, ensuring follow-through on critical company projects and creating synergy across business lines.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with executive management in the development of performance goals, long-term operational plans and associated budgets
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through process analysis and cross-departmental collaboration
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Oversee customer service, creating processes and procedures to ensure that customer issues are tracked across all communication platforms and resolved in a timely manner and is done so with a smile
- Responsible for inventory management, establishing cost controls for shipping and optimizing international distribution
- Oversee all IT systems and directly manage third party outsourced web development team to troubleshoot and resolve critical issues and project manage the ongoing development of website functionality and features.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in operations
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional successes
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
POUND is seeking a rockstar Customer Service Representative to join our team. Providing stellar customer service, offering solutions, and going above and beyond to turn someone’s day around is what lights you up.
As the Customer Service Representative, you’ll own all customer service needs and strive to create meaningful and memorable interactions with our growing community of POUND Posse members, POUND Pro and Venues. You’ll work closely with our Customer Experience Manger to continually improve the customer journey, and you’ll play an active role in implementing solutions that improve our ability to service our customers all around the world.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service to a growing community and customer base, answering high volumes of inquiries via phone, email, and social platforms
- Provide support to and act as an informational liaison for our growing network of certified instructors, POUND Pros, and fitness faculties, Venues
- Own all customer service needs, requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Track all incoming support tickets, field to appropriate departments, and escalate issues appropriately to ensure effective and timely resolutions to customer issues
- Assist the Customer Experience Manger in identifying and helping to correct problems, weaknesses or obstacles within the customer journey and experience
- Anticipate customers’ needs and proactively seek out and present ideas in which the customer journey and experience can be improved
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Hospitality, Management or related field
- Experience working in a customer service environment answering high volumes of inquiries via phone and email
- Must have the knowledge, experience and ability to define problems/solutions, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Thrives in fast-paced, always evolving environment
- Poise, professionalism, a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with a CRM platform like HubSpot and/or a ticketing system similar to Zendesk
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
Los Angeles-based, in office role. Remote applicants, please do not apply.