Someone once told us that every color of the rainbow should be represented on your plate, so that’s what we set out to do when we concocted this Red Hot Chili Peppers recipe. Make an entire batch and enjoy them all week (or share them with your friends!).
- 3 C cooked quinoa
- 1 C corn kernels
- 1/2 C black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C diced tomatoes
- 1/4 C onion, diced
- 3 T fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 t garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1/4 C pepper jack cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your bell peppers in half from top to bottom. Clean out all the seeds and lightly scoop out insides to create a bowl shape.
- Prep your filling ingredients (top 7): Cook the quinoa and cut up all the vegetables into small pieces. Mix filling together in a bowl and incorporate well.
- Fill each pepper with filling mixture, packing in as you go.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper (YUM!)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Mmm, we’re getting hungry just reading this! This recipe makes 6 servings and these stuffed peppers make the perfect left overs for tomorrow’s lunch. Make sure to share your perfect party pepper pictures with us on Instagram using #balancedeats!