Breakfast is arguably the most important meal of the day, but also the one that gets away. Pressing snooze too many times equals you running out the door with either a quick, unhealthy bite or nothing at all.
Once you get to work, there’s “no time to eat” until lunch and soon after, the hangry feelings set in. And when lunch finally rolls around, bad decisions are made because your body is in full-on starvation mode.
We can all agree that hangry feelings are not welcome (or productive) in our workplace, right? So, we’ve created a quick morning recipe to simplify your mornings. The best part of this Morning Frittata recipe is that you can prep a bunch on Sunday and enjoy them all week long!
- 9 eggs
- 2 T water / milk
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped & sautéed
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- Use coconut oil or olive oil spray to grease the cupcake pan.
- Start by creating the base: Beat eggs, water, garlic and S & P in a large bowl.
- Pour in the base egg mixture into your cupcake pan and prep your filling ingredients.
- Add your filling ingredients to the egg base
- Pop your cupcake pan into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until all your mini frittatas are fluffy (resembling a soufflé)!
We’ve chosen some of our favorite filling combinations and listed them below, but you can use whatever you want in your frittatas! Just make sure you cook your raw vegetables (ie. onions, mushrooms) and any meat products (ie turkey bacon, sausage) before you add them.
Our Favorite Fillings
- Turkey Bacon, mushrooms & thyme
- Basil & tomatoes
- Onions & jalapeños
- Mushrooms, zucchini & thyme
Enjoy right away or store them for up to a week! We like to pop them each in Ziplock bags and grab one as we run out the door! On-the-go breakfast solution for a productive week: CHECK!