You know that moment when your stomach grumbles for something sweet while you’re watching TV and enjoying a glass of red wine? We do.
And such an occasion calls for a healthy late-night goodie that’s easy to snack on and that satisfies your sweet tooth.
Banana Rock Poppers!
- 1-2 bananas, peeled and sliced into bite-sized rounds
- 1 C dark chocolate chips
- 2T coconut oil (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay out the banana slices. Freeze for about an hour (until hard).
- Put coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Then, let it cool just a bit.
- Submerge your frozen banana slices in the chocolate. Using a fork, remove each slice, draining off excess chocolate and then replace on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chocolate covered slices with your favorite toppings: coconut flakes, pistachios, etc.
- Place back in freezer until your topping are secure. Store in a sealed container or bag until you’re ready to snack!