MUSHROOM, SHRIMP AND
TIME: 20 MINUTES
8 large eggs
6 scallions, thinly sliced
2 TBSP canola oil (sub with avocado or olive oil if needed)
1 C White mushrooms, thinly sliced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP Soy Sauce (sub with liquid aminos for gluten free)
½ C snow peas, bok choy or broccoli
½ C mung bean sprouts
½ C shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut in half
Cilantro, chopped (garnish)
S+P to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Prep all ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs and 1 tsp of water with the scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in a 9-inch non-stick ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and simmer for 30 seconds. Add in the vegetables (either snow peas, bok choy or broccoli), stir for 30 seconds and then add in the bean sprouts, cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add in the shrimp (spread evenly). Then add the eggs.
- Bake the omelet in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until set in the center.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, sprinkle with cilantro, carefully cut into wedges and serve with GINGER DRESSING (as a dipping sauce).
Note: Want to skip the bake? Saute all of the vegetables and shrimp on the side and add them to a scramble or regular omelet. In the mood for different flavors? Add your favorite vegetables and protein.