ROASTED SWEET POTATOES w/ Steak, Pomegranate Seeds and GREEN DREAM sauce
TIME: 40-50 MINUTES
4 sweet potatoes (long and skinny are best)
1 TBSP olive oil
4-3 oz top sirloin steaks
1 TBSP butter
½ C pomegranate seeds
½ C labneh, greek yogurt or sour cream
GREEN DREAM DRESSING (approximately 1 TBSP per person)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut exactly in half lengthwise.
- Poke holes in the skin side of the potatoes using a fork (about 3-4 times)
- Drizzle oil evenly on all potatoes.
- Place potatoes face down on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes. (potatoes should be soft to the touch when finished).
- Meanwhile (after about 15 minutes of potatoes cooking), heat 1 TBSP butter in a large pan on high heat. Place steaks down (you should hear a sizzle) and cook 1-2 minutes per side. Steak should be brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook to desired doneness. (approximately 2-3 more minutes)
- Remove steak from pan and let rest for at least 5 minutes (this keeps the juices in the steak and the steak moist). After 5 minutes, slice steak, or leave uncut.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and plate 2 on each plate.
- Top with sliced steak, labneh, pomegranate seeds and GREEN DREAM DRESSING